How do I find a real estate mentor?
Tap into your existing network of real estate brokers, lenders, contractors, and title companies who already work with other successful real estate investors and ask for recommendations, then arrange to meet each potential mentor in person to see if there’s a mentoring match.
How much does a real estate mentor cost?
A real estate investment mentor can cost anywhere from a few thousand dollars to $50,000 or more. The average mentor costs $2,000 to $3,000. However, you can often build effective mentorship relationships that are unpaid.
Do you pay a mentor?
As a general rule, you can expect to pay your mentor a little less than they might charge with their regular consultancy fees. This is because mentorship also offers benefits to the mentors themselves, above and beyond any money they might bring in.
What should you not ask a mentor?
Questions Not to Ask
- What advice do you have for me? This isn’t helpful for anyone and can be a time-waster. Go in with specific goals and target your ask for help.
- How did you get where you are? There’s no step-by-step roadmap. …
- Can you introduce me to ____? Don’t ask for handouts.
How do I ask an email template for a mentor?
Hey [CONTACT NAME], I love your work. I’ve been following you for a little while now, and I particularly enjoyed [PIECE OF CONTENT]. I just wanted to reach out to you because I’m a huge admirer of the work you’ve been doing and I’m currently looking for someone to mentor me on the topic of [SUBJECT MATTER].
What should I ask a real estate investor?
20 Common Real Estate Questions New Investors Ask
- How do I determine the value of an investment property? …
- What is the best real estate investment strategy for me? …
- How do I find a profitable investment property? …
- Can I begin investing in real estate with no money? …
- Is real estate investing easier if I already own property?